More comfortable than stock when set to soft. Meanwhile, on-track performance is so dialed in that it managed to impress our development driver Randy Pobst when turned up to firm (see video below). A wide spectrum of adjustment for both height and damping is engineered to satisfy street and track uses. Created by a dream team of top suspension engineers from motorsports to Unplugged Performance specs.
Update – UP Customer feedback is so overwhelmingly positive that UP begun offering an unprecedented 30-day free trial for any Model 3 driver to switch from any competitor’s suspension to Unplugged Performance coilovers. Driving is believing, satisfaction guaranteed.
Back in October 2017, we combed our 19-year industry contacts to assemble a suspension dream team and to develop multiple suspension products. Before the end of 2017, we had fitted our first coilover prototypes, the world’s first Model 3 coilover. We then spent a year dialing in the valving and functionality to precision. It took us over a year before we released it to customers. In 2019 we brought Randy Pobst on board to add further first-hand driving feedback. This validated our successes we were seeing, meanwhile also advising us on optimizations that have found their way into the May 2019 and forward production runs.
- Height Adjustable – fully personalize the height of your Model 3 from factory heights to slammed!
- Damping Adjustable – One easy to use 24-way adjustable control simultaneously adjusts the ratio of Rebound and Compression damping. Rebound damping regulates the speed at which your shock bounces back from an impact (pothole, bump, hard cornering). By adjusting rebound damping, one can customize the ride and handling of Model 3.
- Correct droop setting at any height – Independent ride height adjustment ensures correct preload setting without sacrifice and handling loss at different heights.
- Easy to access external adjustment knob included for fast access in the frunk.
- Every shock is custom engineered utilizing our racing background and partnerships (our parent company is Bulletproof Automotive with a history since 2000 of building award-winning street and track cars). The coilovers utilize high grade internal technology and components sourced from Ohlins and other top factories (these are unique Unplugged Performance engineered coilovers that we have developed, they are not Ohlins products and do not use DFV). After assembly, they are placed on a shock dyno to validate the exact results.
- High flow D port pistons + super low friction seals and rod guide bushings
- High-end monotube design – Lighter and more consistent performance when driven hard. No cost-cutting measures utilizing less expensive twin tube.
- Progressive bump stops
- Swift linear coilover springs – the best coilover spring money can buy.
- Swift thrust sheets ensure silent operation
- Retains the factory upper damper mounts to mitigate the transmission of excessive noise and vibration into the passenger cabin
- Like our Dual Rate Lowering Springs, the Unplugged Performance Coilover Suspension Kit is a simple and straightforward installation onto you Tesla Model 3 (about 3-4 hours)
- Assembled in the USA
- Rebuildable and re-valvable in the USA
PLEASE NOTE this products will often kept in regular inventory, occasionally availability can vary. Following your order, a representative will contact you to explain the order process, and provide an estimated timeframe for delivery. During the follow-up, should you choose to continue with the order, please note that as the parts will be made for you, there will be no further option for cancellation (if there are any concerns regarding lead time, please advise us immediately during the initial follow-up). Please order with confidence, as at the time of the initial contact and after being informed of the estimated lead time, should you choose to cancel, you may do so within 1 business day. You are encouraged to read and understand the full terms and conditions of the sale here.